http://www.tattoosbystacy.com

My blog is an exstention of my personal website, I do a lot of thinking...I'm known for being opinionated, so here is where I'll rant and rave, show off, toot my own horn, or just let my peeps know what's goin on in my life outside the studio.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Start Em' Young


Janis brought Aidan by the studio today and I don't know with all that fresh skin on him I had to!!! NOOOOO WAYYY
I would never...but I started to think about it, when Aidan is 18 and ready for his first tattoo I will be 60, gulp. 60?!!!! WTF I hope I can still hold a machine in my hand by then.
There have been plenty of old timers tattooing well into their 70's so I think there's a good chance i'll be giving Aidan his first taste of ink.
Over the years I've had clients ask me to tattoo their kids, as young as 12...I just can't, that's too young. There's a reason why this is a "right of passage" into adult hood. Maybe i'm just being an old fuddy-duddy but there's something about reaching certain ages and earning the right or priviledge for something. It's a ritual event, a coming of age, an event to mark the progression of someone's life. Not...because "Iwant it!"
But I did put a wicked lil black heart on Jani's pinky, she's been itchin since we stopped working on her when she found out she was preggers with the kid. But now that he's out in the real world, work can start on momma again so we just did a lil taste. We'll start back on her Alice in Wonderland sleeve in a couple weeks, wrap that up and move onto some other projects we'eve been discussing over these long 9 months. LOL
Keep cool out there peeps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment