http://www.tattoosbystacy.com

My blog is an exstention of my personal website, I do a lot of thinking...I'm known for being opinionated, so here is where I'll rant and rave, show off, toot my own horn, or just let my peeps know what's goin on in my life outside the studio.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

SWEET 16!!

16 years ago, today I turned the Open sign on in a window and Chrome Gardens was born. When I first opened it was just me, answering the phones, tattooing, talking to clients, and then shortly after I brought on Larz "The Punkture God", also known as Larry, who was doing piercings for me and helping out. That first year was scary, but as time went on it got easier and easier, I met Linda in '96 and kidnapped her and straight away put her to work!!! We've had our share of artists come and go, some of the best times is when Bryan Campbell was with us. What a crazy motherfucker but talented, Bryan and I got our start together in the business and it was a joy to have him working along side me again. Having Janis here was a good time as well, and from that we have built an incredible friendship and bond. I love you Jan!!! When I reflect back through the years I can honestly say with no regrets I would never trade what I do, who I do it with or where I do it for anything in the world. I've made my own lil creative cocoon and I enjoy coming to the studio every single day! My clients make it fun for me, they keep me on my toes and without their support I would still be in Advertising...cringe to the thought of that sterile corporate environment!!!!! For the past year now I've had two awesomely fun people working with me, Jim and Mandy, they're top notch kids!! Mandy being my apprentice has racked my nerves some days but I love watching her progress into the talented tattoo artist she's become. Jim is a stand up guy and with a talent like his behind the machine I have no worries. They've made this past year a real pleasure and we're looking forward to many more. I can't begin to thank everyone the list is too long but you know who you are!! The Chrome Gardens family is a large one, people like Christian, Zakk, Jeremy, Rick, Dale, etc. have always been here to lend a hand when needed. It's great to have such a large support system in place, they got my back!Thanks everyone I love you all!!!! Raise your glasses to Chrome Gardens and another 16 Years!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary Stacy and Chrome Gardens! Hope to see you soon- Sean Y.

    ReplyDelete